MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: problems saving forum permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I haven't used mybb in a while so I'm guessing it's a cookie issue, but when I try to save permissions to a child forum, I hit save and everything I just removed that I didn't want, is back again.

cookie problem?

I'm using the newest mybb release.
(2009-07-08, 06:44 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]May be this http://community.mybboard.net/thread-42123.html

I just double checked the cookie settings and even used the cookie generator provided and it provided the same settings that were already in my board config.
It's a couple possibilities but my bet would be mod_security. Double check to see if your host is running it. You can ask them to whitelist your domain. There is also an option which doesn't always work but you can try...the htaccess.txt has code in it to remove mod_security. Again that doesn't always work.

The other possibility is that you don't have your inc/settings.php writable..it should be chmod 666. But imho that's the less likely scenario based on your post.
(2009-07-08, 06:59 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]It's a couple possibilities but my bet would be mod_security. Double check to see if your host is running it. You can ask them to whitelist your domain. There is also an option which doesn't always work but you can try...the htaccess.txt has code in it to remove mod_security. Again that doesn't always work.

The other possibility is that you don't have your inc/settings.php writable..it should be chmod 666. But imho that's the less likely scenario based on your post.

the forum is hosted on my buddies box, so I'll get him to look into this stuff when he's on again.
Make sure "Use group default" isn't checked when you are editing the permissions. I had this problem a while ago and realised that group default was checked Toungue
(2009-07-08, 09:44 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure "Use group default" isn't checked when you are editing the permissions. I had this problem a while ago and realised that group default was checked Toungue

That's what it was!

thanks man.
(2009-07-09, 03:36 AM)Shemo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-08, 09:44 PM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure "Use group default" isn't checked when you are editing the permissions. I had this problem a while ago and realised that group default was checked Toungue

That's what it was!

thanks man.

Thought that might of been the problem Toungue

Glad it is working. Smile