MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Understanding the Church.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Firstly i don't want to start a religous debate, mods close this if it does...

The Pope said being gay is now a deadly sin. I was reading the catechism of the church and it says its okay to be gay, as long as you don't have sex, until your married. (oh and by the way, gays can't wed)

I am so lost...
What's there to be lost about? Confused
this can't possibly go anywhere good
Quote:Firstly i don't want to start a religous debate

Then why start the topic? What should be discussed?
(2009-07-09, 12:44 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]What should be discussed?
I thought of that after I posted my reply lol
It confuses me, do they condone being gay or what?

(btw yes i was bored enough to read the entire catechism.)
different people have different personal beliefs

in the end the pope is just a guy who gets to enforce his beliefs on a whole lot of people
Religion is the biggest sham the world has ever known. Somehow, God, who can do 'anything', seems to be in need of a lot of money, yet he doesn't need to pay taxes :p

Seriously, if there actually was a divine God, he wouldn't make a race as messed up as humans. I think he could do better.

Disclaimer: Obviously I'm an athiest. If you don't agree with this post, then whatever, it's my opinion. Don't get into a fight, grow up and get over it.
This can go nowhere better...Confused
(2009-07-09, 01:30 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Disclaimer: Obviously I'm an athiest. If you don't agree with this post, then whatever, it's my opinion. Don't get into a fight, grow up and get over it.

i'm an atheist too, but i also know when and where to pick my battles, and this isn't really appropriate
Pages: 1 2