MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disabilities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I have no real disabilities, except my eyesight which is 10/20.

I have got considerable ADD (almost no attention span) and mild OCD. The fine motor skill on the left side of my body is dysfunctional. I also have pectus carinatum, a physical defect, which I usually turn into a party piece when I take my shirt off.

Surprisingly I am able to fly a plane and drive a car with no (legal) problems.
Come to think of it, I think I do have a little bit of OCD.
I'm severely near sighted, my optometrist actually laughed at my reaction when I put my glasses on for the first time xD
I have bad eyes that's about it Toungue. But, I'm not blind and glasses fix it so i wouldn't really call it a disability.
(2009-07-09, 03:40 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Last year, they tried to say i had OCD since i have some odd things i do (Won't get into that..)
But i proved that i do it purely for no reason and i can't stop at any times

You do stuff for no reason and you can't stop ...

That's kinda what OCD is.

Also, none of these are disabilities.

Umm yes they are? Learning disabilities? And i know i don't have OCD, i know it. My pysch(s) on the hand are... bored i guess...
I don't know ... I'm under treatment for depression but I've certainly never considered it a disability. :\ ADHD has to be incredibly severe to constitute being a disability ...

Have you really been diagnosed with all of these? How unusual.
(2009-07-10, 12:06 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know ... I'm under treatment for depression but I've certainly never considered it a disability. :\ ADHD has to be incredibly severe to constitute being a disability ...

Have you really been diagnosed with all of these? How unusual.

Yep. Apparently its awesome that i have it according to friends. >_>

And looking up a little, AS can come with austism, and LMFS can come from AS. ADHD is common so that just sucks
IMO... The only reason why people are depressed it because they always look at the negative things in life instead of the positive things... surround themselves with negative images, music and entertainment...
(2009-07-10, 06:09 AM)Shawn Gossman Wrote: [ -> ]IMO... The only reason why people are depressed it because they always look at the negative things in life instead of the positive things... surround themselves with negative images, music and entertainment...

Maybe in some cases, but our emotions have been proven to be linked to chemical balances in our brain. I think that in some cases, you can feel terrible or depressed for no reason other than the fact that there is an imbalance going on. That's usually what's diagnosed as clinical depression, as I understand it anyways.
I'm studying PsychologySmile
Pages: 1 2 3 4