MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ok well i got this plugin and it wont work and another thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Plugin: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/board-messages
I did everything it said, i uploaded it to the write place. Once done i activated it, i allowed the permission in the acp for admins. So i could do it. I go to add the message the board message option under configuration in the acp which shows up, but i add the messge everything is fine it says its enabled when i highlight the blue icon. But it does not show up anything on the portal or the index page you could call it. suggestions?
Do i have to activate it once i add a message or something if so how? Please help i am going on a trip 2marrow and want this up and rolling.

Also when i get a new user it wont send the verification email never gets it. I have to activate it myself so any suggestions there?
In-case needed board link= http://windowsmediaman.123bemyhost.com/Forum/
Please keep separate issues to separate threads. One of your problems belongs in the plugin support forum, on here, which makes it harder for us to put things where they should be. I'll move this to the plugin support forum, there's a ton of threads on your email problem if you search for them.
OK sorry can you help me though?
My guess since I am not familiar with the plug in is something was needed to be added to a template that will display the message in the right place. I would guess you have a custom theme and when you installed the plug in it attempted to added to the template, but couldn't find where to add it and then never did add it.
no i just downloaded the theme off the mods page no custom could the shout box be messin with it?
(2009-07-09, 05:15 PM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]no i just downloaded the theme off the mods page no custom could the shout box be messin with it?

It is custom because it isn't the original mybb theme that comes with the install. That means templates most likely have been altered.
oh lol i thought you ment if made it. Well this sucks!
(2009-07-09, 05:37 PM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]oh lol i thought you ment if made it. Well this sucks!

Look at your header template and see if you find this

{$board_messages}

It should be after
<navigation>
ok i will one sec
nothing shows up? when i search.
Then you have to manually add it Toungue.