MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Garagedoorforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2009-07-10, 07:06 PM)Killswitch2 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hey, at least it's REAL unique. Unlike the hundreds of showcase threads that advertise "general", or "gaming" forums.

I totally agree with that.

I agree again,

And pirata, yep
peter43, did you block Portugal from viewing your website or something?
Edit:
http://www.garagedoorforums.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1
Displays a "The specified thread does not exist." MyBB error page - but the index.php page is blank
Edit 2:
Register doesn't work either. Going to try a proxy
Edit 3:
Works fine from a proxy
Guessing he does or his Server does.
(2009-07-10, 09:43 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Very interesting topic indeed, now I know where to go when I can't open my garage Big Grin

You should get a fitting theme - a garage door could look like forums...

Something like that could be interesting:

(Image copyright http://www.schmidt-container.com/garage_...chmidt.htm )

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

Hi very interesting theme,how would i get such a theme..looks good......thanks guy's for you encouragement...i'm not a designer but no a bit about forums and how they work i suppose it takes time.
Any free help welcome Wink

Pete
(2009-07-10, 11:34 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]peter43, did you block Portugal from viewing your website or something?
Edit:
http://www.garagedoorforums.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=1
Displays a "The specified thread does not exist." MyBB error page - but the index.php page is blank
Edit 2:
Register doesn't work either. Going to try a proxy
Edit 3:
Works fine from a proxy
I use a free host and there rubbish,i think explorer 7 has issues...will switch soon to a paid host Dodgy
I don't use IE, I am using FF 3.5
(2009-07-11, 09:27 AM)peter43 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-10, 09:43 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]You should get a fitting theme - a garage door could look like forums...

Hi very interesting theme,how would i get such a theme..looks good......thanks guy's for you encouragement...i'm not a designer but no a bit about forums and how they work i suppose it takes time.

Pete

Hmm, you'd have to code it yourself, visit the theme&templates section in your Admin CP.

I just made a try but I'm really not content with the result... but maybe it is some inspiration for you:
[attachment=14702]

As you can see the text is really hard to read and the images... well, I personally don't think you do recognize the garage door from the frirst moment.
Background could be fine though.

I can attach the theme here if you wish but I think somebody else or yourself can make a better theme for your forum... Rolleyes

Lennart Sauter

PS: Images used are free ones, copyright belongs to my favourite texture maker: Noctua Graphics
(2009-07-11, 12:13 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-11, 09:27 AM)peter43 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-10, 09:43 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]You should get a fitting theme - a garage door could look like forums...

Pete

Hmm, you'd have to code it yourself, visit the theme&templates section in your Admin CP.

I just made a try but I'm really not content with the result... but maybe it is some inspiration for you:

As you can see the text is really hard to read and the images... well, I personally don't think you do recognize the garage door from the frirst moment.
Background could be fine though.

I can attach the theme here if you wish but I think somebody else or yourself can make a better theme for your forum... Rolleyes

Lennart Sauter

PS: Images used are free ones, copyright belongs to my favourite texture maker: Noctua Graphics

Im no good at doing templates or coding stuff,was looking for a actual metal garage door design type of thing like your previous post.Lennart.
Hmm, learn some basic HTML - or ask one of the Pros at theme making here if he could assist you.
If you want you can also provide me some images and I'll look into it...

EDIT: Because I didn't find enough garagedoor images at Cuil Big Grin
(2009-07-11, 12:27 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm, learn some basic HTML - or ask one of the Pros at theme making here if he could assist you.
If you want you can also provide me some images and I'll look into it...

EDIT: Because I didn't find enough garagedoor images at Cuil Big Grin

Thanks i look into some design structure Wink
Forum looks like VBulletin to me...
Pages: 1 2 3