MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Password expiry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey

well for some users who's not here on daily basis, and who disapear for a long period, this will be disturbing .

however as u have talked about security imporvement!! can i understand that if someone steals someone's pass and spam here?

well as u know admins can edit passwords !! and users can also send a message of their password. so i dont know !! i think password expiry isn't so usefull in a BOARD

regards
zaher1988 Wrote:well for some users who's not here on daily basis, and who disapear for a long period, this will be disturbing .
As you see if you read my post over, I was talking about being able to set administrator groups (for example), perhaps moderator groups as well, and let their passwords expire. I personally wouldn't think of trying to manage users' password, as it's unappreciated interference.

zaher1988 Wrote:however as u have talked about security imporvement!! can i understand that if someone steals someone's pass and spam here?
Again, as you would have learned had you read my post properly, I was referring to administrators and specific operational groups, that actually have power to damage the board.

zaher1988 Wrote:well as u know admins can edit passwords !! and users can also send a message of their password.
Sending passwords via mail is very insecure, knowing that mail is one of the most insecure protocols today, hijacking messages is no problem at all. In my experience, people don't like having their passwords made for them either way, so asking them (still referring to administrators and possibly moderators) to change password is not only less of an intrusive way of increasing security, but also makes them do it on their own grounds, so they bother learning their password. Some people also have a specific way (their own algorithm, if you will) of making passwords, why ruin that for them by throwing a random hash at them which they will probably change either way.