MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email (Activation etc) not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i tried PHP email for the mail handler but it didnt work
Then downloaded and ran the test script from the Wiki, and found it was PHP on my system that wont work. And i discovered it cant be upgraded without breaking another program im running, so thats out.

so then i set the mail handler to SMTP email, setting up the options as:

smtp hostname = smtp.myhostname.us
smtp port = 25
smtp username = [email protected]
smtp password = ********
smtp encryption = no encryption
mail logging = log everything

the settings i use above are EXACTLY the same as the settings i use on other equipment, such as my ReadyNAS Pro boxes and my router for sending me log/error emails, but it doesnt work for this.

any ideas what to test next? everything else on the myBB system seems to be functional!!

thanks,

mark
anyone? any guidance is appreciated...
Would the mail server be blocking any inputs at all?
(2009-07-14, 03:08 PM)polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]Would the mail server be blocking any inputs at all?

i cant be sure; all i know is that i have two nas boxes and one router, all with email alerts/logs/warnings/etc. connected to the same smtp server through the same router, and they all work. if it was just the router working i would think it worked only because of the direct connection to the net, but the server/nas boxes work too and they arent direct connected.

one other thing that is probably the most important related to this issue; this forum software is installed ON one of the nas boxes that uses the same smtp settings, so it cant be the hardware. it has to be software, somewhere. just not sure where (if its the bbs, or maybe some method the other 3 use to communicate which is different from the bbs software).

thats why im baffled by this....Sad

help!!

mark
This is happening to me to what i did is just switched it to instant activation.
yeah, i did that too temporarily, but i want to make sure they are real people, with real email addresses.
instant doesnt do that.

i did install the reCAPTCHA plugin to make sure they are real people. (i cant put the GD module on, and this got around that issue). now if they only had real email addresses.....

what is your setup? i wonder if you have the same issue i have?
I had it like that but they did not get emails so weird I use 123bemyhost i am sure they support that to.