MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Image GDK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Download link has been fixed.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Download link has been fixed.
Thank you Smile.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Download link has been fixed.

Well, that would be a miracle if Chris or any other stuff member ever read this but still.. the link does not work again!

Yeh, yeh, I know - you posted another link that WORKS. But this one is broken anyway so I suggest you just remove it.

And, more important, - that button .psd file inside is hugely outdated and, honestly, useless because of that. It would be great if somebody updated it according to the latest standard theme.
Thanks!Cool
Quote:Well, that would be a miracle if Chris or any other stuff member ever read this but still.. the link does not work again!

Yeh, yeh, I know - you posted another link that WORKS. But this one is broken anyway so I suggest you just remove it.
The main link is at the beginning of the thread - always has been.
Quote:And, more important, - that button .psd file inside is hugely outdated and, honestly, useless because of that. It would be great if somebody updated it according to the latest standard theme.
The one from the MyBB site is the official GDK and is the latest version designed to work with the latest version of the theme.
Chris Boulton Wrote:The main link is at the beginning of the thread - always has been.
Quote:And, more important, - that button .psd file inside is hugely outdated and, honestly, useless because of that. It would be great if somebody updated it according to the latest standard theme.
The one from the MyBB site is the official GDK and is the latest version designed to work with the latest version of the theme.

Chris, there is nothing wrong with admitting the truth, when it is actually the truth. So, let's do it together. I'll start first:
- at the closer look I discovered that the .psd file included with GDK is different from the current official style only by the background. It seems it was intentionally left black/colorless and I did not get that 1st.

Now is your turn. I say: The link http://mybboard.com/downloads/?action=re...4&type=zip which is repeatedly shown on community forum pages in more than one occasion is broken. Do you agree with me?
Quote:- at the closer look I discovered that the .psd file included with GDK is different from the current official style only by the background. It seems it was intentionally left black/colorless and I did not get that 1st.
No, it isn't.

The back of the images are black, yes, but then a gradient is overlayed as a layer effect which is what applies the colour to them.

Don't tell me what is the truth and what isn't - I designed the images.

Please also see the readme included with the images:
Quote:Each image is divided into its own layer set.
If you expand the layer set, you'll generally
see three layers:
Icon - the little icon used on the
images
Text - text which lies on the images
Base - the base of the image

If you wish to recolour the images, you would
open the layer style window for the 'Base'
layer and select the 'Gradient Overlay' style.
Change the gradient to whatever you wish.

Take a look at the attachment:
[attachment=7031]

Note, the GDK requires Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2 or CS3.

Quote:Now is your turn. I say: The link http://mybboard.com/downloads/?action=re...4&type=zip which is repeatedly shown on community forum pages in more than one occasion is broken. Do you agree with me?
It is shown in quoted replies - what is the problem with that when the main post, which contains the link is the one which works and people should be using.

Whenever I change a URL on the site etc, do you expect me to change every single URL referenced to it elsewhere? It's not feasible.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Don't tell me what is the truth and what isn't - I designed the images.

No, I didn't. Opposite to that I wrote I realized what I was saying about GDK being outdated was wrong. You misunderstood me.

Chris Boulton Wrote:Note, the GDK requires Adobe Photoshop CS/CS2 or CS3.

Well, this is IT.

I imported it to GIMP after reading somebody's suggestion that GIMP can handle PSD files well. It appeared to be not quite so. The base layer of GDK buttons imported in GIMP becomes just black, plain black with no gradient fill at all.

I tried to import the Diamond Gray PSD files posted on this forum as well. Same story: the gradient fill was converted to 2 colors background. After reapplying and exporting to GIF it looks well only at 100% scale. When enlarged it looks awful. And that was the latest version.

Sorry for all this misunderstanding, Chris. I did not mean it.
Chris, I think this was asked somewhere before but would it be possible for you to include the group images either in the GDK, or as a separate part of the GDK?

I would like to use them on one of my sites but the silver would need re-colouring first.
Thanks for posting this!!
very good
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21