MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [solved] Lost all styles on changing themes...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have been reading here for some time now but never registered because I had no problems Smile well, now I do have problems.

It seems no stylesheet applies to our forums anymore and I have no clue why. Have a look:
*url removed* is the new website, we have moved from *url removed*, and the old site shows how the new should look like. In fact the new site did look like the old for a day until I tried to reset the theme to default and back... after that the default as well as the used Red Delight Theme lost all styles. I tried to delete the custom theme and import it again, even deleted the cached folders to no avail. Only the ACP does show styles... what did I do or even better, what can I do to resolve this?
Thanks in advance.

KTA
I just downloaded the latest version 1.4.8 and installed it in another dir with a new database and even this fresh install *url removed* does not use css it seems... so maybe the theme switch mentioned above does not come into it... may this be something my hosting company influenced? I have no clue. Any help would be appreciated!

KTA
Don't delete the cache folders!! That may why it isn't working, that's where the CSS is stored... I would have said to make sure ./cache/ and ./cache/themes/ are CHMOD to 777 but not really sure what effect that will have if you've deleted stuff from them.... what exactly was it you deleted...??
It turned out the hosting company made some updates that changed the permissions of all folders INSIDE the chache/themes folder... and the health check did not show this - gods know why they did this... so this is solved.

KTA