MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please try out: Statistics Signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hi,

Ooka released his Statistics Signature for MyBB: http://community.mybboard.net/thread-52673.html and I helped him to perfect his file/plugin.

After some development I decided to create my own completely new rewritten version (only with my own code) and this is the development and testing thread about it. Wink

Some features of my Statistics Signature:

- Build in professional cache system. The signature will be stored on your cache directory and prevent you of a high server load. You have full control of re-creating time.

- Control about the style: You can change a lot of colors (border color, gradient background, font color, ...), the signature image size and you can add a custom text. You can customize the style so it fit's to your MyBB theme.

- Can be used also for a user customized signature. So it will not only display global MyBB statistics: It can show some user stats too!

- Fully language neutral

Take a look at the screenshots:

[attachment=14717] [attachment=14718]

Installation: Just extract the signature.php to your MyBB root directory and call in your browser. You can link and embed this file like a normal web picture.

If you want to show a personalised siganture just add the following to the end: ?uid=x
Example: http://example.org/signature.php?uid=1

Please report all bugs in this thread.

Enjoy! Smile
Nice release Smile
Good Job!!!

Really Thanks for this.

I Test it and I will give you my dir to a demo Wink

A question, what resources use this signature?, well only the bandwith for the image or something more?

Regards.
That's pretty much like labrocca's. Design something different.
And nice work with the user sigs btw, but reputation would be nice too.
(2009-07-12, 09:54 PM)rafaweb Wrote: [ -> ]A question, what resources use this signature?, well only the bandwith for the image or something more?

There is no need for an extra image. PHP will create the signature image (in my tests max. 1-2 kB) and save it to your MyBB cache directory. A long as the cache file is valid (you can set the second within the script) only this cache file will load to browser without any SQL connect or loading MyBB files. Of course if you embed the signature image somewhere on the web: This will cost traffic bandwidth but thats a normal fact.

(2009-07-13, 07:26 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]That's pretty much like labrocca's. Design something different.
And nice work with the user sigs btw, but reputation would be nice too.

I think reputation is a personal information and should not displayable to all unknown users on the web. I tried to include this but in normal cases/rights management reputation is not shown to guests and so no one will se the reputatuion of a user.
But: Maybe I will integrate is on a later version.
(2009-07-13, 11:42 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-12, 09:54 PM)rafaweb Wrote: [ -> ]A question, what resources use this signature?, well only the bandwith for the image or something more?

There is no need for an extra image. PHP will create the signature image (in my tests max. 1-2 kB) and save it to your MyBB cache directory. A long as the cache file is valid (you can set the second within the script) only this cache file will load to browser without any SQL connect or loading MyBB files. Of course if you embed the signature image somewhere on the web: This will cost traffic bandwidth but thats a normal fact.

Ok, Thanks for All.
not supported UTF-8 Encoding
Q can does this one add a back link ot teh sigs, or to my forum? (i don't mind forum)
I have an error with UTF-8 character. It looks.
(2009-07-14, 02:14 PM)SoniQuake Wrote: [ -> ]I have an error with UTF-8 character. It looks.

for You is better than mine
for me Persian letters become the mark ?
example: سلام > ????

Plugin file into uff-8 but I did not change
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5