MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am the only who can't give REP!!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heloo there,

umm as i was reading some threads here, i noticed that there is no rep buttons ??

is it a permissions thing ?
or a problem with mybb site, or i'm banned of giving rep!!?

thx
no, i cant seem to give reps either as of today...

mabye we've reached our limit? Big Grin
the limit is daily i think!!! "Max Reputations allowed per day"

but i havn't gave any yet.

chaw
Good point...neither have i. We'll wait till a admin answers Smile
I can't either. Permission bug I think.
I disabled the reputation system here and in the process I noticed a bug with MyBB which won't remove the reputation from here.

I removed it because a few users were abusing it and purposely leaving bad reputations for other users. Plus I don't like seeing people using MyBB having red squares next to their name. I may turn it back on in the future.
hey!!

am sure you have known who are those guys!! right ? you can bann them so easily !!

actually this issue is very common on different forums, where it's usual to have Neg Rep SPAM !! like 5 or for at the same time for now specific reason.
The easiest solution was to add the ARS, where you specify and see (easly) who is giving this rep.

regards
IMHO, the red squares (and the whole reputation system) are there for a reason. It might be because the user is providing false information, saying bad things etc.
It will only turn away people who deserve it... maybe you could make it compulsory for users to enter a comment (on these forums anyway), and if the comment doesn't explain why they have the neg reputation then remove the neg rep point.
I gave someone a neg rep once because of the way they acted. If the person is bothered about neg reps in the first place then they won't behave in a manor that gets them one =/.

And for those that do abuse it you could give them more bad rep...

My 2 cents.
decswxaqz Wrote:IMHO, the red squares (and the whole reputation system) are there for a reason. It might be because the user is providing false information, saying bad things etc.
It will only turn away people who deserve it... maybe you could make it compulsory for users to enter a comment (on these forums anyway), and if the comment doesn't explain why they have the neg reputation then remove the neg rep point.
I gave someone a neg rep once because of the way they acted. If the person is bothered about neg reps in the first place then they won't behave in a manor that gets them one =/.

And for those that do abuse it you could give them more bad rep...

My 2 cents.

But a unfair situation happened to me, I was just posting questions on the board that were not asked before, and someone -rep me and added a vulgarity in the comment in there.