MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: converting from IPB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:With the latest new mod_security version, we cannot whitelist or disable mod_security on individual accounts.

I'll stretch out to say that this is utter crap. All they have to do is to add a rule into the mod_security configuration file (even in v2.5). I'm not great at it, but I'm pretty sure all they do is:

SecRule SERVER_NAME "yourforum.com" phase:1,nolog,allow,ctl:ruleEngine=off

Tell your host to get their finger out and add you to the whitelist, or I would find another host if I were you... Smile
(2009-07-14, 02:40 PM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:With the latest new mod_security version, we cannot whitelist or disable mod_security on individual accounts.

I'll stretch out to say that this is utter crap. All they have to do is to add a rule into the mod_security configuration file (even in v2.5). I'm not great at it, but I'm pretty sure all they do is:

SecRule SERVER_NAME "yourforum.com" phase:1,nolog,allow,ctl:ruleEngine=off

Tell your host to get their finger out and add you to the whitelist, or I would find another host if I were you... Smile

You'd be right. No Apache module author would be that stupid, especially the authors of mod_security.
Pages: 1 2