MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My site updated completely legal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
~ Banner to small.
~ Theme to dark.
~ on/off/offlock images completely suck.

The whole site just looks half-assed.

And for you comment about not knowing how to make a theme, you can just make yours better. There are designers like labrocca, Scoutie, Infranight, ect. that will help you improve or make you something custom.

EDIT: just noticed I cant even right click, If I was an active user that would just piss me off.
Your a guest that's why you cant right click...
Also if you think this is bull well... then how do you know my intentions.
I will look into the designing thing from labrocca I am a noob so don't expect highly.
Thanks for the advice though. For those you actually tried to give me some.
(2009-07-15, 04:04 AM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]Your a guest that's why you cant right click...
Right clicking won't stop me there are key commends and menu option for everything, so really your doing nothing but pissing people off.

(2009-07-15, 04:04 AM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]Also if you think this is bull well...
I didn't say it was bull I said it was half-assed.

(2009-07-15, 04:04 AM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]I will look into the designing thing from labrocca I am a noob so don't expect highly.
How can I not expect at least a good amount of effort? If you explain the basic Idea to Labrocca or Scoutie or Infranight or whoever! they will make you a professional looking theme or whatever you want. Being a "noob" means nothing.
Where can I talk to labrocca? Also i was not talking to you about the this is bull part.
You can talk to Labrocca here at MyBBCentral.com
And really, wow. I normally don't like to harshly criticize people, but this is just..
1) Your on/off/offlock icons have a white background, very unprofessional.
2) "Steal somewhere else"..hmm, what a hypocrite of you. You're offering CSO "backups" that you share with other people, that's like saying stealing is "borrowing" without permission or intent of returning.
3) I can't open anything links in another tab because of your "steal somewhere else"..
4) I can easily CTRL+C and copy your things, I don't need to right click, and I can view the source of your image via FireBug as well.
5) The logo doesn't match up with anything at all.
6) This is off-topic, but you've your link to your site in about half of your posts, whether it is related or not.
Agree with that last point, if you want to link to your site fine but don't push the link on everyone.

My link is in all of my posts twice if you click on my sig image or if you click you the "check out my site" below it.

Also why just labrocca...Infranight and scoutie are talented theme designers as well
Don't use .tk domains.

Don't disable the right click. There is nothing for people to "steal" from your forums. If they wanted the code to your skin they could do it in other ways.

For example, I'm looking at the source to your forums right now. View -> Page Source (in FF).

I can also save your index, or any page on your site: File -> Save Page As

There is also more I can do without the right click that can prove the fact that disabling right click is worthless.

For example, I can tell you that the server you are on is hosted in the United States, and that it is located in Columbus, Ohio and it's latitudinal and longitudinal location. I could also tell you it's IP Address but I wouldn't post that information publicly.

Now, enough of my hatred for disabling the right click.

Don't expect to get to big on a free host, it's simply not going to happen. What kind of unique content do you offer your readers? What kind of unique features do you offer your users?

Your theme is hard on the eyes, get a new one. And, for the love of all things high and mighty in this world, get away from the vBulletin look.

<snip> is still illegal. Yes, you can store ISO's for backup purposes but this is redistribution which is still very largely illegal in the United States. If a backup is stored anywhere it can be downloaded by the general public, it instantly becomes piracy.
Theme doesn't match anything(banner, buttons, etc)

Get a better theme :O
Well the right click for guests is gone, i will quit posting the link to my site on all my posts. I am not going to remove the cso/iso file things since well i dont want to.
(2009-07-16, 05:50 AM)windowsmediaman Wrote: [ -> ]Well the right click for guests is gone, i will quit posting the link to my site on all my posts. I am not going to remove the cso/iso file things since well i dont want to.

Then don't post about your site here.
Pages: 1 2 3