MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: some coding help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to at a box to my forum that lets the user enter a 9 number code to be then entered in a table ......it hard to tell you so look at the pics ...thx [attachment=14737]
So you want the redeem code box in the same table as the friend code box?
ya something along that way ....so people can enter there code , then its move and displayed in a table on the same page or a new page..
<div id="add_code" class="standout" style="display:none">
Add or Bump your own friend code to top of list:<br />
Your friend code: <input type="text" name="code_text" value="" id="code_text" size="12" />
<input type="checkbox" name="check_imob" value="" checked="true" id="check_imob" /> iMob
<input type="checkbox" name="check_ivamp" value="" id="check_ivamp" /> iVampires
<input type="checkbox" name="check_girl_wars" value="" id="check_girl_wars" /> Girl Wars
<input type="checkbox" name="check_iknight" value="" id="check_iknight" /> iKnight
<input type="button" name="code_submit" value="Add code" id="code_submit" />

<span id="code_status"></span>
<div id="code_resp">
<a id="code_clear" href="#" style="size:10px;display:none;">Clear</a>
</div>
</div>
is this something like what iam after ......
anyone have an idea pls thx
Bump pls thx
Anyone help with this ? Thx
Bump any one help
Bump pls
Any one help me with pls thx
(2009-07-14, 08:03 PM)an1mal Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to at a box to my forum that lets the user enter a 9 number code to be then entered in a table ......it hard to tell you so look at the pics ...thx

I don't know the exact code, but I'm sure you could do this yourself:

1) Add a new field to your users table called "code", or "number code".
2) In your template (ie. footer, custom page, etc), add a simple form which (also) uses basic sql to post the data to your database.
3) Retrieve the data, and post to your online data table.

I'm not sure how to sort the query...
(When you get stuck the answer is usually somewhere on the net) Undecided
These are valuable skills, so you might as well learn to do-it-yourself. Smile
thanks for the ideas
You are welcome.

Maybe, someone will show up and share the exact code?
Sorting the data and listing 10 items can't be very hard, I just haven't done that, yet.