MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: By editing a global template and saving them, bits of code disappear.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was making a custom page like this tutorial here: http://www.learnmybb.com/forums/thread-106.html for an about page. This page was made long ago, but now I made a different text for the about page and I wanted to put it there too. So I edited the templated and pasted the new text by also erasing the old one. And when I save the template, 6 or 8 lines of code disappeared. I was checking the page after saving the template and it wasn't showing properly.. so i checked the template and realized some code was missing.

Then I did everything again, pasted all the code, etc.. first I deleted everything from the template and pasted the code there again. When I saved, ALL THE CODE was deleted. I checked the page and only a white background. Is this a bug or what?

Any thoughts on this?
I could be surpassing the number aloud characters to be stored in the database for the particular field.
What browser are you using, faviouz?
Mozilla Firefox 3.5.
I've just updated my Firefox, and apart from noticing it's very quick, I couldn't find any problems. I tried with Codepress on and off, and all the templates I edited were saved correctly.

Assuming this is a browser issue with it being new, I suggest to keep an eye on it and find a way to properly reproduce the error. Try clearing the cache too.
Could possibly be a plugin error (a plugin on firefox)?
I had this problem sometimes already as well. I don't know why though
As extensions I have:
-ColorZilla
-DownloadThemAll!
-Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant
-SearchStatus
-Web Developer

No themes except the default one.
faviouz, could you please try running Mozilla Firefox in Safe Mode (which disables all extensions, etc) and then try editing the template again?

On Windows, Firefox Safe Mode should be under Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode

Thanks,
Chris.
This is weird. Text doesn't get erased again.. so I guess it's not worth the try of running Firefox in Safe Mode. But, if I find this bug again I'll let you guys know if it worked with safe mode or not. I'm still trying to reproduce the bug again.. let's see if I can.
Pages: 1 2