MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Which is better, Kaspersky or Norton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I find A/V programs these days are just too pedantic. Programs like pwdump2 often get flagged as a virus when it does no damage/harm at all.

EDIT: actually just did an online scan of pwdump2 to see what Kaspersky gave:
Quote:pwdump2.exe - infected by not-a-virusToungueSWTool.Win32.PWDump.2

Interesting virus name, lol.
Tbh id go with none of those. Your best 2 to go with is AVG 8.5 free with ZoneAlarm personal firewall (free) Those 2 will keep you safe. If you don't like AVG, switch it with Avast free.

Norton is a lump of crap. I have had it installed on my pc and the updates takes ages, so confusing just to push a silly button saying scan. Yet it has a huge fit saying you must do this and that and simon says this. It's resource heavy.

Anyways, avg/avast and zonealarm are great!
IMO neither. That new version of AVG isn't half bad. It's cheap, too.
I would rather go without AV than use Norton so my choice between the two would be Kaspersky. However I think Avast free is pretty dang good with solid controls. You can actually run Avast and AVG together if your system can handle it.
This system can, I run AVG, Malwarebytes and ClamWin with no problems.
Ubuntu with the clam works best Wink
ESET smart security 4 is good IMO(witch I use on all my computers). Ive used Kaspersky and it's beyond annoying. Ive also used Webroot and holy cow, it takes WAY to much resources to run.. lol
I see also that Kaspersky has a linux version which is interesting (and before people run for the reply button I am aware the purpose of linux AV is generally just to search for inactive Windows viruses in your files).
Malwarebytes someone mentioned above. That is a must have for everyone. It has no process, so doesn't take up resources and slow you down. You just run a scan every so often. This is recommended by security analysts to have.
I have MCafee installed and its quite effective.
Pages: 1 2 3 4