MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to recover defaced MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Haya,
I just figured out that my MyBB 1.2 forum was defaced (yeah I was too lazy to upgrade the almost deserted forum) . So, I looked for kinda howto recover tutorial, to clear up the mess. Alas, I could not find any. So helplessly just upgraded the fourm to 1.4.8 hoping that it might resolve the issue, but it did not. I still have access to my admin panel and very appreciate any de-defacing clue.
Cheers
Outch well your forum was not secure defacing is usually dont with admin access so have fun who know what they did. If its deserted why bother?
Well, it was ALMOST deserted, and I could not find any suspicious one among users.
Upgrading wouldn't magically fix it, you just need to revert templates to default.
(2009-07-15, 10:35 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading wouldn't magically fix it, you just need to revert templates to default.

You are right. I followed the instructions in the link above and now the Default template is OK but my selected template is still defaced. Now, where the templates are located in the file system, and how can I sanitize the infected template? (I exported it thru the ACP but could not find any "script" there.)

P.S. It would be great if someone writes a tutorial about resolving the defacing issue. Regarding that it is such a widespread problem the lack of a comprehensive support about it is so visible.
All you need to do is revert a template and it goes.. not really sure how much of a tutorial could be written on that, it's not exactly a long process.... they're not stored in the files system, they're in the database, shouldn't take too long to revert them.