MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Template set and Updating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, since about MyBB 1.4.4 I've been working on my own custom template set, and so far it looks great. I've cut out a bunch of redundant code (i.e. with a div wrapped around a single span with a class, I move the class to the div and remove the span tag), made it easier for me to theme, and it took forever for me to get to where I am, and I'm not even 50% finished.

Then I realized that a few of the updates so far have made changes to the default template set. Some of these were security updates, and I'd rather not have holes in my security because of my pretty theme.

What I'd like to know is this: What's the easiest way for me to merge the security updates into my own custom template set without starting over the ones that I've already changed?

Edit: Well, I just found the "Find Updated Templates" thing, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The only ones that it found that needed updating were ones that I hadn't started working on yet. I forgot that I restarted the theme on 1.4.6...