MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: redirecting forum to url
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

I have my forums displaying in a frame on another website but would like to have a forum linking to an external url. currently linking to this url displays the page inside the frame of the first website. As this site is external to mine i would like it opening in a new window so as not to display my graphics and links. Is there anyway of doing this?
<a href="your link" target="_blank">Text of site</a>
Thanks for that K776.

Another thing how do i get a link to open in a window without any of the web browsers toolbars or buttons, within a set window size. This time its for a webpage i administor so can include the html code within that webpage.
<script>
function loadwindow(){
window.open("url to page","","width=500,height=400")
}
</script> 

<form><input type="button" onClick="loadwindow()" value="Load Window"></form>
Change url to page to the url :p and the width and height to you liking. then use the form code to get user to open the window.
MyBB already has a function which will redirect a certain forum to another URL, however you cannot change the target of the URL so it will open in the same window..

I'm assuming thats what you're talking about.
Chris,

I already new about the function to redirect to a url but as you say it will open in the same window.

However, Ive found that entering the code supplied by k776.....

k776 Wrote:
<a href="your link" target="_blank">Text of site</a>

.....into the name of the forum rather than the field provided for the link it works as desired Big Grin

k776,

thanks again for the second reply but not entirely sure where to place this code. Once again i want to be able to open a page from within mybb. Guess i need to use your first peice of code to open url again, so where on page to be opened do i need to place the second bit?
ok, the first bit is to be placed just before </head> tag. This bit tells what to open, how wide and height.

The second bit is where and what you want people to click. Change Load Window ( not loadwindow() ) to what you want them to click.

Does this help??