MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: install help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Linux Red hat 8
I uploaded to www.mydomain.com/forum

I loaded the index.php inthe install directory in my browser (firefox)
The necessary files/ folders were chmoded to 777
When I click next on the "next" button on the index.php page it does not go to the next link and I cannot therefore install.

have not found any relevant link to this problem

Thanks
heloo there,

i'm assuming that you are installing a new copy, and not upgrading from the PR2.

So i would like you to make sure if you have uploaded all the install directory's files. And please explain more in which step of the installation your having this problem.

I haven't hear before of any trouble caused by installing Via firefox, but it worth a try with IE.(just wondering)

regards
yes it is a new copy.
It doesn't work in IE either.
Can I load the page for "Requirements Check" or License directly?
I have PHP 4.2.2 installed.
I believe MyBB says that 4.1 is required.
I'll have to check later but I think previous php pages I used on my server had to changed to .php3 in order to work

Thanks
You shouldn't have to use .php3 unless your server administrator has not configured PHP correctly (well, it is correct, but correct in terms of how it should be today.)

The .php3 extension for files is deprecated, .php is now the standard for naming PHP files so I suggest, if renaming works, you contact your host and get them to add the handler for .php so they're parsed correctly.
Well I spoke to the administrator ( which is myself) and checked again to see if .php pages worked and actually they do. My mystake.
I did the php "example.php" which lists the parameters of the php install.
Also, MySQl phpMyAdmin works with index.php3

So I don't understand why the MyBB index.php does not work except for the possibilty of the parameter in the example.php file which indicates
"Virtual Directory Support" - disabled and
"Thread Safety" - disabled

not sure how to enable these or whether it would make a difference or not
through the /etc/php.ini?

Thanks