MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moving Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As I realised.

Forgot about this, it's only me. Either that or no-one besides official members read threads in this section of this forum.
It really just seems unnecessary, look at the section you were moved to, then look at the content of the first post.....put two and two together and you get your reason..........
You don't understand. Let me make it clear.

I KNOW WHY IT WAS MOVED. THAT IS VERY CLEAR. OBVIOUS, REALLY. for the third time.

It's how it was moved which is what I'm annoyed at.
Don't they normally put a redirect there anyway?
Well if you know why they get moved, why do we need to tell you each time?? Undecided
lol if I am correct, there is a thread in the original section that simply says moved before the thread title...and when you click it you are linked to the new thread location.

So you can easily see that it was moved, when you go to view the thread.
(2009-07-20, 03:10 PM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]lol if I am correct, there is a thread in the original section that simply says moved before the thread title...and when you click it you are linked to the new thread location.

He wants it on a silver platter, as he'd pointed out. It's not that he doesn't know why, or when, he just wants the staff to post in the thread.
(2009-07-20, 04:34 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-20, 03:10 PM)-Prowler- Wrote: [ -> ]lol if I am correct, there is a thread in the original section that simply says moved before the thread title...and when you click it you are linked to the new thread location.

He wants it on a silver platter, as he'd pointed out. It's not that he doesn't know why, or when, he just wants the staff to post in the thread.

Rolleyes It's all I have to say.
I have found that adding a reply to state the reason for moving disrupts the thread from its original topic. A thread move merely means that the topic is better suited for that other forum. A redirect is left in caseyou're trying to find your thread, and it's also available when you search for your own threads.

You're welcome to PM myself or a moderator if you have any questions regarding moderation of a thread or other issues with the forum.
Quote:I have found that adding a reply to state the reason for moving disrupts the thread from its original topic.

That is the answer I was looking for. I was half expecting it, but someone atleast stated it. This is what I'm annoyed at, but it's now clear why you do it.
Pages: 1 2