MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showing latest posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the latest posts be shown for the plugins and themes sections? Look at the uploaded screenshot.
Not really since they're categories Toungue.
Can't they show the latest posts anyway? For their subforums?
It's a category not a forum. That's what your not understanding. Categories don't have posts or threads. They are meant to be containers of forums.
Well, those templates have been changed, I'm fairly sure if they were default it would show the counts, and last post in any of the sub-forums inside it, but I don't know the exact motive for changing them.
(2009-07-17, 09:30 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know the exact motive for changing them.

(2009-07-17, 08:58 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Categories don't have posts or threads.

I think it's because of that... Toungue... although I don't know what happens if you don't alter the templates... Shy
NetSage Wrote:That's what your not understanding.

I understand quite well the workings of a forum and how it is displayed. I don't think you understand what I'm suggesting.

From past experience with forum design and administration, I thought that categories can display the latest posts from its own forums. I guess it is only applicable to other forum softwares.
Just checked and it would show the last post just fine if the templates were default, but, as I said, I don't know the exact reason for having the templates changed.
Those templates weren't reverted to the originals when we upgraded the comm. forums to 1.4. An admin can revert those templates.