MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions for the 1.6 Series
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(To Any MyBB developer please.)

1. My first question to start off would be, is there any MAJOR changes to the new version? Such as the default, feel and look?

2. Is there any screen shots for the next version, or planning to post any in later development?

3. Any minor or other major changes to the ACP?

4. How long do you think till you guys will officially release the series? Or if planned yet.

5. Last question. Since I heard SMF had a huge lack of security when they moved to 2.0 RC. A hacker got in and messed up a lot of SMF admins. So my question is, do you believe, with the new 1.6 series, it will have a better or improved system?
(2009-07-17, 01:05 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]1. My first question to start off would be, is there any MAJOR changes to the new version? Such as the default, feel and look?
There will be added features and as such, we expect that things will not look exactly the same, but a new theme is not planned for 1.6.
(2009-07-17, 01:05 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]2. Is there any screen shots for the next version, or planning to post any in later development?
Probably later if there is any features that we want to create hype about. =]
(2009-07-17, 01:05 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]3. Any minor or other major changes to the ACP?
New features may or may not have new options that need setting in the Admin CP.
(2009-07-17, 01:05 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]4. How long do you think till you guys will officially release the series? Or if planned yet.
When it's ready.
(2009-07-17, 01:05 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]5. Last question. Since I heard SMF had a huge lack of security when they moved to 2.0 RC. A hacker got in and messed up a lot of SMF admins. So my question is, do you believe, with the new 1.6 series, it will have a better or improved system?
We wouldn't purposely make MyBB worse. ;]
Okay, thanks for your time. Just getting the insides of that new series.