MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email notification on every reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I turn this off for everybody guys? I converted from SMF to MyBB and by default you can an email when somebody replies to your topics. I've explained to users how to turn it off through the UserCP but I want to turn it off for all users. Is it possible?

Also. I have another problem. Normal members are complaining that when they click view last page on some long threads an error comes up saying the posts don't exist, but yet when an admin clicks on the threads in question it works properly.

http://www.thelastkick.co.uk/community/index.php
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = '0';

That will turn off subscriptions completely; change the 0 to a 1 if you want them to subscribe to threads but not get email alerts.
(2009-07-18, 11:50 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = '0';

That will turn off subscriptions completely; change the 0 to a 1 if you want them to subscribe to threads but not get email alerts.
Sorry for sounding like an idiot but what do I do with that? Undecided
Oh, sorry Toungue You need to run that in phpMyAdmin, it should be in your host control panel... when you're in phpMyAdmin, you should see a list on the left which will include your database, click that, and then you should see a list of tabs, like Browse, Structure etc, click the one called SQL, paste that code in, click Go.
You're the man. Thanks alot.