MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Challenge, not a 'Problem'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am doing a ton of custom mods and have run into a couple of changes that need to be made before I can continue.

When an Admin registers a user from the ACP the user's e-mail address should be optional. For my intents and purposes the Admin shouldn't have to know an e-mail address. I don't even want the admin to have to create a fake one. I am having trouble locating the code that requires the e-mail. And if you happen to have any tips how to remove the requirement I'm all ears, though I think I can figure it out once I find the code.

However, if a user registers themselves the e-mail SHOULD be required.

And finally, when the user is successfully registered from the Admin Control Panel, it creates a new folder with the same name as the user (Midian would create folder ../pathfolder/midian/) . Again, I think I can code it, I just need to find where to put it first.

Summary:
1) Email not required for Admin user registration but still required for normal user registration.
2) MKDIR's called 'username' every time someone is registered via Admin CP.

If I knew the locations it would take a load off. Thanks!

Mid
1. ask the devs

1. you'd want to do this:
mkdir('userfiles/' $user['username']);
in your plugin