MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Insert user with mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to add users directly to the mySQL table.

I have my own script for registration and when users register themselfs i want to give them access to the forum. I want to now what data i have to add to the users table? Or maybe another table as well.
If you have data already (username, password, email, birthday etc.)
Then it may be better instead of a query to use the insert function inside PHPMYAdmin.

To do this go to PHPMyAdmin --> yourdatabase --> mybb_users --> Insert (top bar)
Then just enter the necassary data.

However with this method it may turn out that you need to reset the password within the MyBB Admin CP.
Yes i have already a table(not a mybb table) with username, password i just want to give my users direct access to the mybb forum.

When a user register to my site(not mybb) i want to input the info directly with php to the mybb_users table. What standart data do i have to insert to make everything work correct.
I _think_ the MyBB users table only needs the uid, username, password, salt, loginkey and email for everything to work, everything else should be taken care of by the column defaults.
Okey do you now where i can find the code in mybb to generate the salt,loginkey strings?