MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it illegal to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes but its where the file is hosted. And the authorities have no way of finding out who uploaded it
(2009-07-19, 12:32 AM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]And the authorities have no way of finsing out who uploaded it

lol do you really think that
So if you post a bomb threat on myspace is it the myspace people who get arrested? If you break the law, it is you who is arrested, reguardless of where it is hosted.

It is somewhat the sites responsibility to moderate the content but not always.
Trust me, ive been in the game a long time, offshore hosting is the way forward, answer me this, who has legal rights over the internet? NO-ONE, copyright owners ask web hosts to remove the content, if you dont, nothing can be done, you can taken to court yes if you are hosted in the UK or USA, But if you are hosted in offshore countries, then you are fine.

Thats where tv-links failed.
I am sorry but you are incorrect nathandawe, many many people have been arrested even though their sites are hosted offshore. If you live, are hosted or have dealings within a country that has anti piracy laws then you can be arrested.

Not to mention that most hosts have in their TOS a clause which states you cannot host illegal material and so if they contact your host then 90% of the time your host will close you account, simple as that.
(2009-07-19, 12:39 AM)nathandawe Wrote: [ -> ]Trust me, ive been in the game a long time, offshore hosting is the way forward, answer me this, who has legal rights over the internet? NO-ONE, copyright owners ask web hosts to remove the content, if you dont, nothing can be done, you can taken to court yes if you are hosted in the UK or USA, But if you are hosted in offshore countries, then you are fine.

Thats where tv-links failed.

Linking to it is still illegal and nathandawe is right if your hosted offshore they can't do nothing, still not worth being hosted offshore though just to upload videos..ridicolous money for crap hosting.
itt people brag about their inability to produce meaningful content without stealing it from somewhere else
And, every site that allows you to upload something has stated in their TOS that they take no responsibility for what you upload
Is it illegal to... use an emulator?

Answer: Sorta, the ROMs are illegal, but the emulators themselves are not, which is a load of bs to me.
(2009-07-18, 11:26 PM)2KH Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-18, 11:25 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Some countries do not allow even linking. You would need to seek local advice but truth is that you just plain shouldn't do it.

now thats bullshit.

maybe in china or north korea. but hardly doubt it.

Try Germany. If you don't know facts don't cry bullshit. Otherwise it's you that's bullshit.
Pages: 1 2 3