MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am really sorry about this, but can someone help me? I uploaded the upload folder to my webhost (freewebhostx) and went to forum/upload/install/index.php. When i loaded it, it showed me this:
[Image: Err.jpg]

I know, i'm pathetic, but can somebody help me out, I really need this! I don't know what that means, and i can't rename config.default.php! I am new to this, please step by step instructions would really help!
You need to go into your file manager or use your FTP client, to rename config.default.php to config.php in the ./inc/ folder and CHMOD the necessary files and folders to what they need to be: [Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

Also, it's generally advised to move your files out of the /Upload/ folder, so they're in the /forum/ folder...
Okay, i renamed the file, but i'm still confused about CHMOD...
There should be an option somewhere to change the CHMOD settings or permissions of the files and folders... if you printscreen your file manager or FTP client we might be able to show you where to go.
[Image: asd.jpg]

By the way, thanks for the help! Sorry to be a pain.