MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Bot Poster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to make a chat bot reply in a certain forum to any new posts like the one here. I have a bot set up, I just need help making a plugin to make it post whenever there's a new post in the forum.
Essentially, I need to make an addon that would reply to any new post in a certain forum. The response would be from a PHP page.
This plugin already exist.
I have it in my forum.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-44374.html
Quote:Auto-Reply to a New Thread
This little plugin will automatically reply to a new thread in a specific forum. This is useful in Introduction threads and things. It adds a new settings group - you can alter these in ACP => Configuration => Auto-Reply Settings. You can set the Forum ID of the forum you want new threads to be automatically replied to, the user who posts the reply and the message. The reply message can contain MyCode.

The reply message can also use {username} to display the name of the person who just posted the topic.

I think that this that you making, or is another thing?
Essentially yes. I just have to modify it now to post what was returned from the bot!