MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am I the only one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like it too, and I always have it save my login info, so I never have to login unless I'm on a new computer or I have to clear my cookies, which isn't very often.
I like it too, once i'm logged in somewhere it remembers anyway..hardly ever clear my cookies.
you're applying your own standards on other people..

this "i don't recognise you" login box is imho a serious obstacle for people, who don't visit regularly, who use different passwords on different sites and who are relying on their browser to store their logins/passwords for them...

and then they come back to a mybb site, expect the login form to be autofilled but nothing happens.. and now what ? not all users are aware/capable of looking up their passwords/logins from the browser database manually... they just expect it to work, which it doesn't .. and it's WELL possible that they leave the site at this moment.

without blowing this thing up, but quick login box is a real "NICH NICH" in terms of accessability.
Well then when they get it wrong they'll be redirected to the normal login page where it will remember it Toungue.
(2009-07-22, 04:12 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]Well then when they get it wrong they'll be redirected to the normal login page where it will remember it Toungue.
But that's just another obstacle in the process. It would be easier for everybody to just put a login box right there. Then it's only one step.
Pages: 1 2