MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Am I the only one?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who hates the quick login? I think it looks very unprofessional, how it just pops up and stuff. If a log in form is just there, that looks okay.

I dunno, I just don't like it very much :|
Me too. It's not very user friendly. That's the one thing I hated about 1.4.
Why isn't it user friendly?? Undecided
for me, my browser doesn't recognise that it's an input field to be automatically filled with user/pw
I´ve disabled in template since some users complained about it not saving passwoed or something, and made it just a link to 'member.php?action=login'

I don´t know if it´s just because it´s different from regular form with 2 fields like everywhere (user + password + login button), maybe that´s why...
I think the reason is that it's dynamically put in using Javascript, so the browser doesn't notice right away that there's a potential auto-fillable form there. At the moment I just replaced the link with the real form and it works okay, though I had to redo the registration template due to the registration's username & password fields.
(2009-07-19, 03:46 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]for me, my browser doesn't recognise that it's an input field to be automatically filled with user/pw

Agree with you
i love it, i use it all the time.
I like it.
But... why not hide it with CSS and, when the Login link is clicked, show it with:
$('login_box').show();

Doing it in that way should fix the "browser remember password" problem (I think).
(2009-07-19, 10:39 PM)alvarorojas4 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-19, 03:46 PM)TStarGermany Wrote: [ -> ]for me, my browser doesn't recognise that it's an input field to be automatically filled with user/pw

Agree with you

Is it really that hard to type your username and password in? Besides it should remember you when you come back.

Plus, it's easy to remove which scoutie has done. But, I personally like the feature.
Pages: 1 2