MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Back ups?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yeah only the posts and threads forum categories

Everything else is fine
Sorry, just deleted my last post, if you read it before I deleted it, ignore what it said; occurred to me afterwards that what I said to do wasn't necessary, sorry Toungue

So it's just threads, posts, forums and categories?? OK, first, backup your current main database. Then, create a new database and import your backup to it. Export the forums, posts, and threads tables (click the Export tab along the top and just select those 3 tables), and then import that new backup into your main database.
Which backup do I import to the test database?

Backup A (current forum)

Backup B (old forum)

thanks for help Smile
Import backup B to the test database, then export the 3 tables mentioned above from it, and then import that new mini-backup, with just 3 tables, to the current forum.
Okay i'm trying to just install partial tables from the old database (like posts threads etc) into the new database,

is there anyway to import these tables on their own without all the others?

I know, i'm confusing lol
Yeah, that's the point of exporting the 3 tables from the backup and then importing that to the main database, you only have those 3...
Thanks for the help!

Everythings back to normal
okay im trying to put some back ups in now,

I droped all the current files in the database but now my backup is not importing

Help??
Could you maybe explain why it isn't importing...?? Not really much we can say... is there an error message??
Okay I just re-installed MyBB,

It used the database; "name_main"

Now i deleted (droped) all of those structures so now the database is blank.

Now when i try to import a backup nothing seems to be happening
Pages: 1 2 3