MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB tiemplate in database - Database server slow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello..

The database server i have is a little slow, which makes the forums load slow because of the templates.

Is there a way i could maybe cashes the templates?

Mybb: 1.4.8
Not that I know of as the templates are quite large it may take longer to cache them then it is loading them from the database.
i ment, like send them to a html file or somthing in the forums? not just the CSS so that the forum will read it from a file, and not the database, can this be done?
Not that I know of. For the forums to function properly the index page needs to be in a php file anyway and I haven't heard of this being done. If this were to happen then you would have to majorly modify code.

Can't you switch hosts if your server is too slow anyway?
Some of them are already cached.

If your server is too slow, best thing to do would move to a better server...
All of the default MyBB templates are cached, as far as I'm aware. If you have any plugins installed that use templates and haven't cached them, then you need to contact the author of the website.

Typically, the templates won't make the database server slow. You should do some experiments and tests to see what exactly replicates the error/slow response on your forum.
no i meant, the server is slow, we know this, it has a high load most of the time, and it is not local host. (but in same datacenter)

but the tiemplate if it is being pulled from the database each time, that would cause slow loading time, wouldnt it?
(2009-07-21, 01:18 AM)dell Wrote: [ -> ]but the tiemplate if it is being pulled from the database each time, that would cause slow loading time, wouldnt it?

Well, yes, it would. But it doesn't. It's read from a cache.