MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Add email addresses as forum subcribers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Wondering if it is possible to add a list of email addresses to a forum so that any new posts will be automatically sent out?

Many thanks.
Not that I know of sorry Undecided
The only current way to subscribe is using the default subscription method or just subscribing manually to a thread or forum.
Thanks for getting back to me - just wondering if there a way for me to subscribe registered users to the forums myself, or anywhere in MYbb that shows what each registered users are already subcribed to and allow me to add more?

Cheers.
mflammia know that what you propose is against the CANSPAM act in the USA. Users must opt-in.
The way the db for forumsubscriptions is done makes it difficult to insert a sql query to make users subscribe to a forum. It is in the mybb_forumsubscriptions where it defines what forum id it is then a uid to go with it. This is the same sort of system with threadsubscriptions.

However you can change the value in the users table which changes the default subscription method for everything in the entire board. To do this simply do this query:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = x

Replace x with the following:
0 = No subscription
1 = No email subscription
2 = email subscription

EDIT: Have just seen labrocca's post so it is probably best to let the users set the option themselves.
And hosts in the US will shut you down too for spam complaints so even if you are outside US law if your host is here then you have potential problems.
Thanks for all your posts.

Just to let you know the forum I am running is for a residents association that I run, so basically just somewhere for my neighbours to put comments on etc. Problem is most dont have much experience using the web, let alone a forum - so it was useful for everyone to know when a new post is added, I will let them know what I'm doing before I do it so hopefully not then break any laws :-)

Cheers.