MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This is important ..Problem with index.php?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi..
Well it has been a horrible experience with my host lately. Someone that I really like, but is having server problems and purchased another server that we were moved to. For the last three days my site has been blank. I reloaded everything after I read if you have been hacked thread.. and reinstalled everything.. I have done all I could in relation to the problem. When I ping the site at
http://www.webxforum.com
it cannot be found. If I ping webxforum.com I get a return with packet loss.
Here is what he said in the email to me today...

Quote:I have been checking this and the problem appears to be with your index script

root@SUHNLWEB01 [/home/webxforu/www]# php index.php
root@SUHNLWEB01 [/home/webxforu/www]#

So I uploaded a fresh root index and still nothing...
What should I do.. Let me first tell you I paid for a year.. and on top of that...
the gameroom works perfect...
http://www.webxforum.com/gameroom
Shows OK for me.
Works for me as well.
That must have been after we relaoded the site from last Thursday backup my host had. Now again... it is down.
This seems very strange to me right after someone we banned that is a spammer .. appears twice on the site in 20 minutes.
I am back to square one... dang it.. again... now the page.. admincp..ftp all not working...
I reckon you should have a chat with your host, Starnova. They'll be able to tell you why the service is unavailable and why there's a problem loading pages. If it is someone attacking your host, they should be able to prevent that.
It might be a slowloris attack.
Okay all resolved.. my host moved us as I mentioned. I told him..that if there is a problem..please tell me as I have done nothing to my site at all.. and I will find a another host. He reinstalled from a backup he had from about 4 days prior and it works great! Now.. here is what I suspect. I have had this very persistent spammer, and oddly enough this happened after he attempted to log in 3 times in 7 minutes throughout the afternoon till I got tired of it and blocked his IP in CPanel. I am headed over to mybb central now to find something aggressive to ward off friendlies. Smile