MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass PM and Email when a new release is available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
A mass email and private message for every user on the community, with very big bold words "UPGRADE QUICKLY". And maybe links for guides on how to upgrade and such, or things like "Common errors".. whatever.

Thanks.
http://www.mybboard.net/mailing-list

Your looking for something like that Toungue.
Yeah I know that. But I think at least via PM should be for all users, independently if they are in the mailing list or not.
Well that assumes all forum users are using MyBB. So it's basically a waste of server resources Toungue.
Waste of server resources? What do I waste? I didn't know that. Toungue
I'm just saying sending 21,568 pms would put a little stress on the server Toungue.
It could be a profile field or a secondary group :p

*cough* or you could just regularly visit the forums and actually read the threads Big Grin
Oh right. Didn't thought of that. Yeah..
edit: I do regularly visit the forums and actually read the threads. I'm saying this because of who doesn't, and to prevent hacks (?) or something. Upgrading is very important to not get hacked.
Well it's not MyBBs job to make sure you update. If your an admin you should watch for updates and apply them Toungue.

I mean they have the mailing list. And, not to mention this great feature in the ACP Toungue.
(2009-07-20, 06:27 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Oh right. Didn't thought of that. Yeah..
edit: I do regularly visit the forums and actually read the threads. I'm saying this because of who doesn't, and to prevent hacks (?) or something. Upgrading is very important to not get hacked.

Yeah i agree with that but it's their own fault if they don't upgrade. MyBB puts enough notices up (Version Check, Mailing List, Facebook, Twitter, Blog and the forums of course :p) and if they still don't upgrade then that's their problem.
Pages: 1 2 3