MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ways of depositing money in a PayPal account
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
lol _Tim that's exactly how i've been doing it
works a charm :p
Yeah.. but if I ask my parents "hey can I have a credit card for donating to mybb" they're like "what the hell is mybb.. and wait, donating?".. so I have to do it without they know, and obviously they'll find out sooner or later.. so yeah, they are THE problem.

But let's see if I get your idea, I go to some bank station or whatever and request a free (right?) credit card. Then how do I put money on it?
No, you don't need to go to a bank. You go to a service station (petrol station) or 7/11 or any convenience store that is likely to sell them and get a prepaid credit gift card by visa (or by any other credit card company).

They will have for instance $100 or $50 or another value written on the card and you just take them to the checkout and buy it like anything else and then away you go, no need for parent involvement, they don't even ask for ID (they might in your country, i don't know)
Oh I see, the credit card already has money on it? So if it has $100 already I pay $100 for it right?
I don't think that kind of things exists here. You could try a virtual credit card.
http://www.virtual-cc.com/en
(2009-07-20, 10:51 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I live in Canada, so the laws may be different.

Yep are banks are totally different from theirs. The government is involved in the states system

(btw bb, what province?)
(2009-07-21, 11:12 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I see, the credit card already has money on it? So if it has $100 already I pay $100 for it right?

Yup thats pretty much how it works, sometimes there is like a $6 charge for the card though.

(2009-07-21, 11:29 AM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think that kind of things exists here. You could try a virtual credit card.
http://www.virtual-cc.com/en

I am pretty sure they would but they don't seem to get much attention as they are only usually used as gift cards. I am pretty sure i have seen them in Europe, don't know about your country, just take a look.
(2009-07-21, 10:33 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]No, you don't need to go to a bank. You go to a service station (petrol station) or 7/11 or any convenience store that is likely to sell them and get a prepaid credit gift card by visa (or by any other credit card company).

They will have for instance $100 or $50 or another value written on the card and you just take them to the checkout and buy it like anything else and then away you go, no need for parent involvement, they don't even ask for ID (they might in your country, i don't know)

Well then how are you making any money? If the card has $100 on it you would have to pay $100 to actually GET the card...
What's that saying? "You have to spend money to make money."?

You don't have to buy a $100 one there are variety of them. I'm sure you could find one for $25 or one that allows you to put an amount you want to use. Not to mention your not really losing as you can spend that card anywhere that accepts credit cards(which is about everywhere now).
Pages: 1 2 3