MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Title on every topic ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey

is there anyway that i can make the forum title goes with every topic title ?
it will be good for my seo if there's any mod that can do that

regards
Have you tried the Google SEO plugin? It's in the plugin releases forum. I think it does this.
No, the Google SEO plugin does not mess with title tags, since you can just change them to your liking in the templates without the need for a plugin... however while it's easy to put the bbname there (i.e. the name of the whole board), I don't know if it's possible to put the name of the (sub)forum the thread is in, which I guess is what the original poster wanted.

The only seo recommendation regarding bbname or forum name in title tags I have is that IF you put it in (you don't /have/ to, esp. if you have a TLD for your board already), put it LAST, i.e. use "page name - board name" and not "board name - page name". Since it makes Google search results look boring if every result starts with "Some Long Board Name - Actual Page Name", with "Actual Page Name" getting cut off due to length.
Forgive me for being dumb, but where can I go to put the board name in every thread title?
Just edit the showthread template and put this:
{$mybb->settings['bbname']}
before this:
{$thread['subject']}
:p
thanks Big Grin

looking at it now i could've figured it out myself but it's almost 4 AM soooo
The title tag is always in the main template of a page, main templates are for example:

index (in the Index templates)

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

forumdisplay (in the Forum Display templates)

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']} - {$foruminfo['name']} </title>

(I'd change that to <title>{$foruminfo['name']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']})

showthread (in Show Thread Templates):

<html>
<head>
<title>{$thread['subject']}</title>

and so on...

I just tried and found that in the showthread template, {$forum['name']} works (if you don't have HTML in your forum name), so you could use a title like
<title>{$thread['subject']} - {$forum['name']}</title>

or for the board name

<title>{$thread['subject']} - {$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>

However I don't really recommend that, as a good thread title is a good page title by itself already, and your board name is usually in the URL (top level domain name) already anyway, so it does not have to be in every single title tag.

I'm actually using {$thread['subject']}{$somevar} as a title for threads, and set $somevar to " - Page $page" for $page > 1, i.e. I include the page number in the title. I hacked this into my forumdisplay.php / showthread.php, since it didn't fit too well into my plugin structure...
(2009-07-21, 10:30 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]thanks Big Grin

looking at it now i could've figured it out myself but it's almost 4 AM soooo

No problem Smile
Well its 11:34 AM over in the UK :p
Thanx ... tried this , but it didnt change anything in the title (whole page title in firefox) it just changed the title inside the forum , which i don't see google will index the page title by this

any ideas ?
You mean you want the board name in the name of the thread...??
Pages: 1 2