MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shadow Topic bug (phpbb2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since "Shadow Topics" do not exist in MyBB AFAIK, when they are converted over to MyBB from phpbb2, instead of the topic being a link to where the topic really is (Which it can't be because it doesn't exist in MyBB), it is just a topic that shows nothing if you click on it.

Picture 1 shows the topic that should have been a shadow topic in the public forum that links to the topic in the private section

Picture 2 shows what happens when you click on it.

Picture 3 is the actual topic in the Private forum.

[attachment=14802]
[attachment=14803]
[attachment=14804]
Can you attach the debug logs?
Here are the logs that you requested.

[attachment=14805]
Are shadow topics a default feature in phpBB 2? Are they essentially moved threads?
Ryan Gordon Wrote:Are shadow topics a default feature in phpBB 2?

Yes. They are a default feature. When moving a thread, you can decide if you want to leave a "shadow topic" behind. I actually made a phpbb2 test forum just so I could confirm that these bugs existed.

Ryan Gordon Wrote:Are they essentially moved threads?

Yes, they are. The shadow topic is basically a link to where the real topic is.

Here is a screenshot in phpbb2 that shows what a shadow topic looks like. When clicked on, it shows the topic in whatever new forum that it is in now. In this case, it was moved from the public test forum to the private test forum one.

[attachment=14810]
Hmm that exists in MyBB as well.
Okay, I'll look into a proper fix for this issue. Thanks for reporting it!
No problem. As it is, we are currently on phpbb2 and we are thinking of using either vBulletin or MyBB soon and since I noticed these errors. I had to do my part and report them. Smile