MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help Needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wanted to know how to do a few things with my board and was hoping someone here could help me out.
  • I wanted to know if it was possible for me to display a users attachments within his/er profile page. Either text or thumbnails would do the job. Even a link in the profile to another page that contains the users attachements would be great. If anyone knows of a way to do this that would be great.

• The next thing I was to do is with CustomPages. I wanted to know if it was possible for me to list the x most recent and x most popular pages to be added on the index/header of my forums. Would this be possible?

• I also wanted to know if it would be possible for me to list custom pages added by user in his/her profile. If this too is possible please let me know.

• I wanted to know if anyone could help me add the user name of the person gave you rep. At the moment when you look at your reps it only shows the rep, thread, and comment.

• Lately, I wanted to know if this was at all possible. I have a phpbb database full of posts, users, ect.. and I was wondering if there was anyway for me to merge it with my current phpbb database?
I would really appreciate some help as I am just learning to put php/mysql to work.

Any help would be appreciated.
Quote:... if it was possible for me to display a users attachments within his/er profile page...
I don't think so. This would have to be a new plugin

Custome pages I can't help you with.

Quote:... if anyone could help me add the user name of the person gave you rep...
I'm not sure if the Advanced Reputation System (ARS) by Smethead does this, check his sticky in this forum (mods.mybboard.com is down atm).

Quote:...I have a phpbb database full of posts, users, ect...
Sure it's possible but it's a lot of hard work. You might want to search these forums for the PhpBB convertor. I've not used it or seen it but I've heard mention of it. Other that that it's a big job to convert between the two but everything is possible Smile
For the phpBB database, I would think you would have to convert the phpBB board to a new myBB installation, then try to merge your current myBB board with the new one via phpmyadmin.

So, yeah, it might be time consuming. But I think it's possible.

Yeah, I can already convert a phpbb databse over to mybb as thats where my board came from. Anyone have an idea where to begin with this after converting the database over?