MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blue; Overused?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I personally think blue is way overused on the web. I mean, it's a nice color and matches almost everything, but it's used everywhere I find. It's almost hard to find a website that doesn't have a blue theme or something. I like it, and it blends well, but I want to try something different. Of course, nothing works as well as blue Toungue

Purple is nice though, and dark green. Even orange is cool.

Thoughts?
Blue is probably the colour that's easiest on the eyes.
I agree :p

Personally I prefer light green and sometimes red Undecided
(2009-07-21, 03:30 PM)polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree :p

You're subscribed to new threads, aren't you?
Even the default color for Windows XP is blue Smile
Saying that blue is overused, is like saying computers are overused (lol I'm not good with analogies xD). I like blue, and yeah, is one of the most used colors on web design. But that doesn't make it overused, because you can combine it or use many different variations that are not used very often.

I don't like colors just because how they look, I can't say "I like green" or anything like that. I think colors fit something, and they look good on those situations. But not all the time and for anything. But that's me Toungue
Well, the thing is there are alterations to blue, whereas computers are well, computers. There aren't really enough differences between OS's to even make the comparison.

I like blue too, as I stated in my first post, I just think people should try something new.
(2009-07-21, 03:32 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-21, 03:30 PM)polarbear541 Wrote: [ -> ]I agree :p

You're subscribed to new threads, aren't you?

Nope the only thing i'm subscribed to is the MyTracker thread :p
I clicked on the Chitchat forum and saw your thread (obviously just created) Big Grin
Oh okay, it just seems like you know when every thread is posted o.O

Back on topic, anyways. Toungue
Blue works well for default themes because it's perhaps the most universally liked color.
Pages: 1 2 3 4