MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should I get MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Should I get MyBB?

I was looking at MyBB and like it style And was think I should get this!

But there are no mods for the new one! So should I still get it in the hope for mods?

As I want some mods but am not that far on to do the coding!
don't worry, the coders are working onthe updates, its only been out for a few days, i've submited my mods, all they need is approval and you can download them
Its just that i like the look of it! But when i looked at the mods, their was none! Also how does MyBB handle?
Also with the mods do i have to edit the code? or is their an easy install?
ipodman Wrote:Also with the mods do i have to edit the code? or is their an easy install?

For modifications most of the time you have to edit the code. There is an easy-install modification (EI) that can modify the code for you like how phpBB's EasyMod works (I think, I'm not really sure about this since I don't use it and I forgot who made it, but it should be somewhere in the code modifications forum).

Starting from PR2, plugins are also supported. Plugins are code that you upload to the inc/plugins/ folder and then you can activate and deactivate their functionality via the Admin CP Plugin Manager. Plugins can add to, or modify the behaviour of certain parts of the code within MyBB without having to modify the code itself. [However certain plugins may require code modifications].
Thanks thathas helped me!
mybb is great GET IT, ive never used 1.0 last one i used was PR2 with my highly unsuccesful forum (not becuase of mybb btw), and it was great. 1.0 now has more bug fixes and updates.

http://opensourcecms.com - here you can find a demo of mybb PR2, but it changed some stuff now on 1.0
I can't even believe this question was asked - been running it for a long time now and it the only one to have
well, i cant think of any reason not to use it...

free + secure... [/lost-chat]
*edit
[real-chat]
Ok. MyBB has alot of functions on forums that are already integrated, which otherwise would require extensive modification to have.

myBB has a portal integrated, as opposed to a portal extra seen in phpbb.

myBB has what IPB would refer to as the "groups name indicator" modification. it is where in threads, the usergroup colour is reflected in the thread profiles. Integrated in myBB.

Custom Admin permissions. you can limit, as root admin, what other admins can do (aka limit them from creating new admins, messing with bans, etc). Only seen in the later versions of IPB, iirc.

Whatever reason you need, i cant think of any not to use it. A Plus for me is that its great to skin Big Grin (or convert to kekeke)
You should use it. Its one of the better free forum scripts around. And I would choose this one over phpBB. Btw mods are not the most important. Its the skin!
Pages: 1 2