MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need ideas, dedicated server going unused.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I posted a similar thread a while back when I had a free VPS I wasn't using and got a lot of good ideas. Well now I have a dedicated server that's collecting dust. I was using it for a project that hasn't seemed to take off so I'm trying to get some use out of the server. Here are the specs:

Intel Atom 330 (1.6GHz dual core w/HT)
1GB DDR2 RAM
2 250GB SATAII drives (RAID1)
3TB Bandwidth on 100Mbps Port
(Currently has CentOS 5 installed and a cPanel license.)

I was originally using this for a web server and was hosting over 1200 domains without putting a load on the CPU and only utilized 50% of the RAM without touching the SWAP. I migrated my clients over to a new server and reinstalled CentOS and cPanel.

I'm not saying this is a powerhouse by any means, but I'm sure somebody out there can think of some good ideas to put this to use. Wink
You could give it to me. :p
I don't own it to give. Toungue
what are you good with?, whats your programming language skills?, do you have any projects?
My programming is limited to entry level PHP and VB.NET. I currently have a free web hosting company and a VPS hosting company that I'm operating. My current "project" is another free web hosting company but I'm using a different business model compared to my current one.
try to use the dedicated for your project or rent it out?
It currently only has my project hosted on it but I'm trying to justify keeping it so I'll need more than 1 website on it to convince me to renew it at the end of the month. Sad
i dunno then
Kujoe, pm me, i have something that is a longterm project you might like. If you want a game.
PMed. Wink Right now my friend and I are using the server to experiment with cloud OSes which has been a lot of fun (I've been using eyeOS for the past hour instead of my actual desktop Big Grin).
Pages: 1 2 3 4