MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: First 3d ever (CC please)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My first 3-d ever took 2 hours

[Image: b4qihv2utgkwg3dhzwln.png]

Made on linux~ K-3D
So its perfect? I not sure about that.
Not bad, not bad, definately!

I don't know K-3d, I myself do use 3ds-Max for my projects but it looks nice.
You could smooth the main body a bit and the rear well... looks too basic.

But a great start for your first model, keep it up!

Also look into poly by poly modeling technics, they are more advanged sometimes.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

PS: You might want to check my site for what I've done in the last time (poly by poly only)... http://www.lennartsauter.de/modeller.php
Can you explain again. sorry apart from smoothing (which i can't do since i dunno how... but i get what you mean) none of that makes sense. If you talking about another program i'm linux only.
Use Blender, it's available on Linux, and it's FOSS.

Smoothing is done through subdivision of meshes, so look for a Subdivide option.
I'm not even going to mention why I started laughing when I saw the picture of it. But, since I'm sure some can guess. In my defense I was reading a thread about sex like 2 minutes ago.

On topic- Nice job so far T0m. I personally could never figure out where to get started with something that wasn't a premade shape Toungue.
LOL! I had the exact same thought! And in NetSage's defense, it was about protection, not weird stuff.
(2009-07-22, 08:39 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain again. sorry apart from smoothing (which i can't do since i dunno how... but i get what you mean) none of that makes sense. If you talking about another program i'm linux only.
Smoothing is usually supported automatically by the program but you can also do it by hand.

I just said I'm missing some more details on it Smile

Tutorial about poly by poly modelling:
http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/...d_stealth/
It's just different if you take an object as a basis or start of with just some vertices and some polys...

(2009-07-25, 02:58 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not even going to mention why I started laughing when I saw the picture of it. But, since I'm sure some can guess. In my defense I was reading a thread about sex like 2 minutes ago.
LOLZ - you should get a RL and a girlfriend Toungue
Big Grin

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

PS: Just a short example of poly-by-poly technics, used on a scenery with some road (I know it looks ugly but it's wip so that's okay^^)
[attachment=14867]
3D, huh... I remember getting a copy of 3D Studio (a DOS program at the time) on my first PC (Pentium I with 90Mhz). I spent a fortune to upgrade the machine from 8MB to 96MB of RAM, so I could render a short (~500 frames) normal resolution (320x200) flick in a single night.

Computers were way too slow at the time, but still, it was tons of fun.

Although later, I only used 3D for games... making maps for shooters like Duke Nukem 3D (using the build editor, the manual of which was my first experience with English language), Quake Rally (using a 3DS to MAP converter), and later Half-Life (using Worldcraft/Hammer)...

I want to do 3D again sometime, using blender, but it takes a lot of time to learn and so far I didn't get around to it, or rather, programming is more interesting than just doing graphics...

Anyway, keep it up. Smile
(2009-07-25, 02:58 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not even going to mention why I started laughing when I saw the picture of it. But, since I'm sure some can guess. In my defense I was reading a thread about sex like 2 minutes ago.

On topic- Nice job so far T0m. I personally could never figure out where to get started with something that wasn't a premade shape Toungue.

O.o Link to the thread (jks) and naughty boy Toungue

(2009-07-25, 03:00 AM)Infranight Wrote: [ -> ]LOL! I had the exact same thought! And in NetSage's defense, it was about protection, not weird stuff.

O.o I didn't add an exta layer.

(2009-07-25, 02:52 PM)Lennart Sauter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-07-22, 08:39 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Can you explain again. sorry apart from smoothing (which i can't do since i dunno how... but i get what you mean) none of that makes sense. If you talking about another program i'm linux only.
Smoothing is usually supported automatically by the program but you can also do it by hand.

I just said I'm missing some more details on it Smile

Tutorial about poly by poly modelling:
http://www.republicofcode.com/tutorials/...d_stealth/
It's just different if you take an object as a basis or start of with just some vertices and some polys...

LOLZ - you should get a RL and a girlfriend Toungue
Big Grin

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

PS: Just a short example of poly-by-poly technics, used on a scenery with some road (I know it looks ugly but it's wip so that's okay^^)

Thanks for the links and to your comment on Netsage "Pwnt"
http://talkadmin.com/thread-842-page-1.html

It wasn't anything bad. I mean it's not just jokes either(although we do go off-topic). And, don't hate what you don't know.
Pages: 1 2