MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Imported Users Can't Log In
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I've got an issue that is puzzling the heck out of me. I had to import my users and messages from another board to MyBB which I did via the database (MYSQL) import. I can view all of the users from within the admin, click on and make changes to their accounts. My imported posts also show up on the front end with the correct posters usernames, titles, user post counts, etc. However, none of my users can log in! The board responds with an invalid username and password combo error (see attached). "You have entered an invalid username or password combination. If you have forgotten your password...." If I create a NEW user via the admin panel, that user can log in just fine. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Oh also, after reading through the posts on my own, I upgraded to version 1.4.8 (from 1.4.4) thinking that would solve the problem but still no luck. Everything else works fine. Another note to mention is that I don't see any captcha image anywhere even though it asks for it when a user tries to use the lost password feature.

Please help if you can!

Version 1.4.8
Board: www.wrapperschoice.com/choicecafe
Test User: ann
Test Password: doe
When you imported them, were there already users/posts in the database?? If there was, may I suggest you use try and sue the Merge System to import the users, maybe the manual import didn't work properly... as for the CAPTCHA, make sure your member_login template is default, it needed to be reverted after 1.4.4.
Thanks Matt for your reply! No, I transfered my users and posts from a completely seperate (ViArt) forum. I wanted to keep the current posts from my other software, so that I didn't end up with just an empty forum. I couldn't use the merge system because it didn't work with the ViArt forum. So I used MYSQL to "import" user info and msgs. It worked great (once I got everything matched up) but no one can log in.

Also, when I upgraded today to 1.4.8, the install wizard said that it had reverted all templates. I'll look to see if I can do it manually via FTP? Although, I have the same 2 problems present in both 1.4.4 and 1.4.8...
I don't get it. Huh I checked in admin > template sets to see if the member_login was default and it appears to be. I also selected that the member login template from default be used in my theme of choice.
But when looking at the code of the default file, I don't see and reference to captcha imaging...
As far as the captcha problem, users are asked to input the text from the image, however no image shows up. I've attached the GD table per instructions on a similiar thread.

Confused please help.