MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Removing theme export
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,
I want to remove theme exporting feature in Admin cpanel

How can I do so?
Why would you want to do that?
I take it you're making some sort of control panel for other people to use for hosting or something??
Yes,
It is for MybbHosting [http://mybbhosting.info]

I the next week or 2 I am going to be purchasing licences for other sites such as MybbCentral etc.

And I don't want my users to have the ability of exporting themes that are not publicly released as it is a form of redistribution.
The links are in the file admin/modules/style/themes.php

You can remove the links there and the functions if you think necessary.
I've attached an edited file; it will echo a short message telling users they can't export themes. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the link, but it should stop them, though I'm not 100% sure.
(2009-07-22, 07:46 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I've attached an edited file; it will echo a short message telling users they can't export themes. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the link, but it should stop them, though I'm not 100% sure.

Can't seem to find any links and the actual function is only echo'ing the message :p
That should save a few people a job for forum hosts.
Yeah lol, I removed the function. I mean I couldn't remove the 'Export' link in the dropdown menu Toungue
I think the links were in themes.php but they dont seem to be in that file anymore :p
(2009-07-22, 06:02 PM)alex clone Wrote: [ -> ]Yes,
It is for MybbHosting [http://mybbhosting.info]

I the next week or 2 I am going to be purchasing licences for other sites such as MybbCentral etc.

And I don't want my users to have the ability of exporting themes that are not publicly released as it is a form of redistribution.

Yeah I just Pmed you about this on your site. I'm fine with letting hosted users use the skins at MyBBStudios, I just don't want them to be able to export them and distribute them, ect.
Pages: 1 2