MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add a template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm trying to add a new template to my theme. But when I added it, it turned blue.

I tried to call it like {$template_name} , but it didn't work...

How can I make this?

Thanks,
Combus
I have a plugin that lets you do this, the "Global Templates" plugin. The only downside is that the template you're trying to add has to be in the "Global Templates" set.

Once you've uploaded and installed the plugin, just go to the themes and templates page, then on the side menu click "Global Templates", and finally make the first box what you want to use the template as (i.e. winTitle or something) and the next box the actual template name (i.e. windowStart or something) and click save. Then, where ever you use, for example {$winTitle}, it will insert the correct template in there.
Well, if it wasn't possible to add templates without a plugin, perhaps the "Add template" option wouldn't exist. I'm trying to make the theme more natural (with no plugins and such), thanks anyways Smile

Any one else have an idea of how to do this?
It's possible to add templates without a plugin, but it's not possible to use templates without a plugin. That's why I created this one.

Though I have to admit I was confused about the fact that we can create templates but we can't use them, I guess it's to allow users to create template-set specific versions of plugin templates.
(2009-07-23, 12:03 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Well, if it wasn't possible to add templates without a plugin, perhaps the "Add template" option wouldn't exist. I'm trying to make the theme more natural (with no plugins and such), thanks anyways Smile

Any one else have an idea of how to do this?

i am trying to find the same...

i think they blindley added that..

i found this http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/MyBB_Wiki:Templates

but that dont work.. Huh