MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Computer Security Idea
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was thinking about starting a computer security site (not necessarily a forum). I was wondering how many people would be interested in being a part of this site, if I decided to go ahead with it.

Computer security is such a big thing, so I would need many people to work on the site with me.

Let me know if you would be interested in being part of the site, and anything else you want to know.
I see 2 problems with that:
1) You'll make a nice target for some script kiddies who want to take down a site that's focused on security.
2) You'll need to find some people in the industry to make it worth visiting since security itself is a touchy subject. If you can get a few regulars with CISSP at the end of their names then you're set. Wink
Yeah, I thought about script kiddies, and that is one of the things that worry me.

Finding experienced people is hard, so that may be a big problem.

Maybe making a security forum would be better?
You probably don't need to worry about Script Kiddies until you get big, as i am sure you know (Toungue) MyBB is pretty secure and i doubt there would be enough people who care about a forum starting out to pull a DDOS.

Getting experienced members is important though.
Depends what you offer. If you can get alot of tuts and example sciddies will be all over yea. :/

Best bet get a good host
just do like an hijackthis forum or something
I wouldn't mind helping out on a computer security site. I mean, I've been taking a networking class for the past year, and I've just seen some stuff that just doesn't seem like it's as safe as it could be.
(2009-07-22, 10:36 AM)Joshua Mayer Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about starting a computer security site (not necessarily a forum). I was wondering how many people would be interested in being a part of this site, if I decided to go ahead with it.

Computer security is such a big thing, so I would need many people to work on the site with me.

Let me know if you would be interested in being part of the site, and anything else you want to know.

You know i'm interested :p
Used to be part of a Hosting company which went down often with DDOS attacks so I sorta needed to learn about them Undecided