MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin CP is missing images, text, etc. (Just installed myBB)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there.

I just finished installing myBB and got it running OK on my web host. The problem is that the Admin CP looks incorrect. It is missing text and images that should be there. Did I miss something during the install?

Screenshots are attached. The first one is the index of the Admin CP, the other is the tools sections of the Admin CP (does the warning thing have anything to do with my problem?).

Any help would be nice! Big Grin

- CHR15x94
Make sure the ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder and it's contents exist.
It exists. As do the contents. (Many PHP files, and a single HTML file (index.html)) Maybe I have an incorrect CHMOD value on something?

Thanks for the post.

- CHR15x94
They should be readable so 644 should do the job or 666.
Make sure ./inc/languages/english/ and ./inc/languages/english/admin/ are CHMOD to 755 and the files inside are CHMOD to 644.
/inc/languages/english has a CHMOD value of 755.
/inc/languages/english/admin has a CHMOD value of 766. Changed to 755. Fixed graphics and text issues. 2 warnings are still there.
Changed all files is both dir's to CHMOD value of 644. Didn't fix warnings but I can now see what I'm supposed to fix because it displays the necessary graphics and text.

Thank you very much. (Both of you Big Grin )

- CHR15x94

EDIT: Changed the values the Tools/System Health told me to change and warnings are all gone. Forum is working awesome now. Smile
Glad it's fixed for you Wink