MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable Quick Reply?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any plugins that can remove the quick reply box only in a specific forum? If nobody wants to make it, I can try my hand. I'd just need to know what hooks to use.

Thank you!
I'm making a chat bot. Right now I only have it repeat what you said. The problem with the quick reply is that when it lags, newreply_do_newreply doesn't seem to be getting called (aka the bot isn't replying. You can see our interesting conversation here. Pretty fun XD
Look in showthread.php for the hook.

An if statement and a str_replace should do it.
Big Grin I got it. Thank you. I think I did it (a lot) different from you. I have a hook for showthread_start where I disable the setting $mybb->settings['quickreply'] and set a global variable saying that it was canged. In another hook (showthread_end), if that global variable equals 1, then set $mybb->settings['quickreply'] back to 1. Probably a bit different then what you'd have done Big Grin
That works too. I would have done it that way...I just forgot about the setting. You could even be more clever and add a new mybb setting for noquickreplyforum and exempt them in admincp.
any help on how to implement it on admincp then? thanks
any one can give a tutorial for this? thanks